Traveling by air can be a bit of a bother, whether it's for business or even for vacations, since you just can't wait to get to your destination and get things over and done with. When you come to think of it, there are so many elements involved in an airplane journey, starting with the wait to check in for the flight and then passing airport security and waiting in long lines to board the plane, which are all pretty frustrating elements. Why do we have to wait so long just to board a plane?
Well, the fact of the matter is that we all have to follow the rules and respect the system - however tedious it may be - since, at the end of the day, it's all in place to ensure our own welfare and security. It's important to remember that when you start to feel frustrated.
Before traveling by plane, just accept the fact that you will have to go through the whole craggy process at the airport. There are a few things you can do to be more prepared and thus make the whole ordeal less stressful and frustrating. Here are some useful tips that could help you in dealing with airport security and the whole process of waiting prior to boarding your flight and finally arriving at your destination.
1. Before packing, you should check the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) website. The TSA website provides additional information and the latest updates on what is allowed and what is not allowed to be brought on the airplane. The TSA also recommends an organized way of packing which could be in layers, such as, clothing starting at the bottom, electronics, another layer of clothing, then, the bulkier items on top. Packing your luggage in an organized way can help you save time and space. It could also let you through security faster. Remember, the biggest change in recent times is that any liquids you take on in your hand luggage should be small and packed in a separate, clear zip lock bag that you need to remove from your carry-on at the screening checkpoint. Any large liquids will be taken from you and destroyed, so make sure you don't have any as this can be a big waste of money for you.
2. You should also be sure to remove all metal items before passing through the metal detector. Place these items in one of the small baskets provided. This includes your belt, loose change, cell phone and any other metal items you may have on your person. To save time, just keep all these items in your carry-on luggage as opposed to in your pockets. One important thing is to also have your identification in handy. This would mean your passport (open at the photo page) and your boarding pass. Keep these items in your hand at all times when passing security to speed up the process.
3. You should also remember to allow ample time before your flight. Especially a good idea in case there are any unusual delays along the way or at the airport. It would be best to check the airport and the airline in advance to make sure if your flight is on time or if it is delayed.
4. Prepare yourself for the long wait by bringing reading materials. Also bring hand held video games or your mp3 player so you won't get bored while you are waiting. If you are traveling with children, this is even more important, as a bored child can be an annoyance to other passengers. Boredom will make you even more agitated and frustrated and the last thing you want is to lose your cool and channel your anger toward an airport security professional.
5. Always be kind when interacting with the authorities and the airport employees. They do not respond well to unpleasant behavior and can easily make you wait longer by requesting further searches and screenings.When it comes to traveling nowadays, the threat of terror is so great that we must all accept that these screening and security processes are essential to our safety. There is nothing we can do about it except be patient and understanding. Follow the rules and these simple tips in order to have a less stressful, pleasant traveling experience.
Keep up to date with travel alerts, weather warnings, terror threats and more with the iTravelAlert iPhone application.
Best-Travel-Deals-Tips.com Contributing Travel Expert: Kathy Adrian is an expert writer in her field from her many years of experience in country-hopping and outdoor activities like diving. She loves traveling around the world, exploring new places and seeking adventure and has a website at maldivesdivetravel.com. Article Source: EzineArticles.com
Best-Travel-Deals-Tips.com Carry-On Tip: Once I get through airport security and on the plane, I like to organize my seating area for the flight. You might want to check out some smart packing accessories and carry-on advice available on Magellan's, the experts in travel accessories, where I get a lot great "travel tools" for my flight. In addition to the stress I feel from getting through airport security, traveling can also be taxing on my body with the cramped quarters and desert-dry, recycled air on the plane, disrupted sleep cycles, unusual foods and often less sanitary conditions can impact circulation and weaken our immune systems. If you're like me, you'll want to stay healthy en route to your destination.
Marianne Schwab TV Travel Show Producer Best Travel Deals Tips
Admission fees to theme parks and local tourist attractions can really add up and max out your vacation budget, but you can save up to 55% on theme parks with Go City Cards. I've used these for several vacations and saved hundreds of dollars. Just one of my many best travel deals tips you'll find on this website. ~Marianne Schwab
Avoid Jet Lag
You're packed and ready to go on vacation, so now comes the most important issue at hand: avoiding jet lag when you arrive at your destination. A survey by Conde Naste said that 93% of travelers get jet lag but you don't have to be one of them if you use my tips. ~Marianne Schwab
Book Your Trip
Booking travel online should be quick and easy…not to mention affordable and that's why I like Expedia. Did you know that you can save up to $525 when you book your flight and hotel together at Expedia.com? For the best deals, book 60 days or more before you travel because usually the further out you plan, the better the package rate.
Top Travel Mistakes to Avoid Now
I have put together a list of the top five travel mistakes people make that translate into paying too much for a vacation no matter where you book your trip (through a travel agent, airline or online). ~Marianne Schwab
Sponsors & Affiliates
About Marianne Schwab
TV Travel Show Producer
For over twenty years, TV Travel Show Producer, Marianne Schwab, has been collecting money saving travel tips as a travel producer for high profile television programs. She has flown all over the world and produced live television productions on location from Caesar's Palace on the Vegas Strip to the beautiful island of Oahu. Read more